Monday


Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain~Charlie Chaplin~. British comedian regarded as the greatest comic artist of the screen, 1889-1977

====0000====

Can't have anough zzzzzzz. I slept until ten this morning. After drinking a big cup of mocha frapuccino, I still felt very sleepy. I took a nap for an hour. J was just telling me that oversleeping could be a sign of underlying problems like depression. And I agree with him. I just lack the luster and vitality this morning. I just stayed on the couch and watched " Liscence to drive". Then later just spent the rest of the day just hanging around. Maybe I should get a liscence to bum. Loafing could become my favorite past time, and I know a lot of people who do that. Maybe sometimes overdo it. I'm guilty of that myself. I miss the laid back pace in the Philippines.

I watched "Lost in Translation" a few days ago. I would say it's not really a great movie, but it reminded me so much of Hongkong. The night life and the big metropolitan and the crowded trains, streets and roads look like Hongkong, except the trains are underground as opposed to the above ground trains in the movie. The part where the main characters were in a restaurant and they ordered some thinly sliced meat and veggies with a boiling pot served for them to cook their own food is called "hot pot" or fondue. The Chinese do that in winter time where they are served with all uncooked thinly sliced meat or seafood and veggies and different kinds of sauces, then they provide you with either a sizzling pot or a personal pot with boiling water. Everything would be thinly sliced and all you have to do is to put them in the boiling water to cook. Then fish them out with tongs and dip them in whatever sauce you choose. Some people just like soy sauce, some people would dip them in some hot sauce. For the sizzling pot, it's like a personal grill, just grill all your food and then dip them in sauce. I have enjoyed this way of cooking when I was in HK. So, when I came here in the US, we actually bought a "hotpot and I would show J, how to do it. In the US, they somehow Americanized the Japanese and authentic chinese cooking. The Japanese restaurants are famous for the "hibachi" style which is a big grill and a chef would cook the food. The traditional way really is that everything is prepared, and cut and the customers would cook their own food. Most Americans won't understand that. Just like Bill Murray's comment after the meal. " What restaurant make their own customers cook their own food? I want the tip back!

Hongkong and Japan are not very far from each other, so, when it comes to advancement in Technology, Hongkong would get the latest inventions not to mention, Hongkong is a trading and business commercial center. If you love shopping, Hongkong is one of the best places to shop. You would really have your retail therapy.

====0000====

Lately, I have noticed that more and more of my black hair are turning white. Gosh! I must be getting old. I had a few when I was in college, but now, I can really see streaks of it on my head. I actually asked my sister-in-law once if it is a lack of nutrient and she she said it's not. It's normal for some people, so I didn't worry then. But now it kind'a bothers me. There's always the remedy of coloring my hair, but I never really wanted to do that. I want it natural. Oh, well, when it really comes to a point then I would just dye my hair or just let it be. J, would says, it's actually pretty. Yeah right, whatever. But maybe I should believe him and don't worry about it. It's just that I feel like a grandma. Or maybe because it's a constant reminder that I am getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home