Tuesday


"Let smile be your umbrella when it rains"

Here's a portion of my letter to someone very close and very dear to me.

After listening to you relate the whole tragedy and ordeal you had been suffering for months, I was suddenly drained out of energy. It’s amazing how the human being could carry all the heavy loads of burden and still survives. You are strong and I’m sure you will be blessed greatly for all those patience and endurance. You have a tremendous stress tolerance. I would understand why one could think of ending one’s life. But I am glad that you didn’t do it. It’s not the solution to a problem because when you die, are you sure you would go to a better place? Well, I am not really sure, what happens to people who commit suicide, but it’s not really the best thing to end one’s life. I have always believed that some things in these world happens for a great reason that while we don’t understand it now, there will come a time that we’ll understand the purpose. Some things are incomprehensible, some things are painful. Some things involve a lot of struggle. But there’s always light at the end of the long and dark tunnel. It might look dark and gloomy right now, but things will always change. It won’t stay the same. There’s the up and down of life, sometimes, we reach the rock bottom, but I’m pretty sure we could get to the surface one way or another and be able to breath and be able to see light and sometimes rainbows, beautiful rainbows after a storm in life.

I know, it's easier said than done. It's so hard to smile when one is undergoing some life's crisis. It seems that every muscle in the body droops and sags. That's why I like the old Filipino saying "Bawal ang Nakasimangot Dito" or "Frowning is Prohibited Here".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home