Monday


The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.~St. Jerome~

====0000====

I had the opportunity to watch Cirque Du Soleil show in Atlanta with the kids at work. They are on their North American tour. I watched their performance on television, so when I saw their name on the tickets, that sure gave a spark in my eyes. It is one of the biggest circus shows. I think the one I saw on television was their show in Las Vegas. It was amazingly fantastic. We watched "Alegria". It was a great meta physical experience. The music and the sound effects really made my spirits soared up to the sky. The performers were very skillful, very flexible. It was inspiring.

From the presenter:
Alegría is a mood, a state of mind. The themes of the show, whose name means "jubilation" in Spanish, are many. Power and the handing down of power over time, the evolution from ancient monarchies to modern democracies, old age, youth—it is against this backdrop that the characters of Alegría play out their lives. Kings' fools, minstrels, beggars, old aristocrats and children make up its universe, along with the clowns, who alone are able to resist the passing of time and the social transformations that accompany it.

It was so unfortunate that I lost all the photos I took because my camera fell.I was glad it didn't break. But it was a waste. Their tents were humungus and it contained maybe a couple thousand people. The outside view was magnificent. It looked like a blue kingdom in the middle of the field. The kids don't even know how fortunate they were to be able to watch a grand show like this where the tickets costs from $52-$220. The entire campus was able to go, that would mean about 70 plus people with free tickets. Sometimes these kids really don't know how fortunate they are. They take things for granted, they don't see what they got.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home