Monday

Words of the day:
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now.
Don't wait for something outside of yourself
to make you happy in the future.
Think how really precious is the time you have to spend,
whether it's at work or with your family.
Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
~ Earl Nightingale ~
-0000000-

I have made my own sushi today. I learned just by watching. The only problem making my own is that I can't avail of all the raw fish and raw seafoods. But I opted to using shrimp and crab sticks. Well, in making sushi, one should have the following; sushi mat, nori or the roasted seaweed, sushi rice or Jasmine rice, wasabi, and pickled ginger. For the whole materials and process for rolling your own sushi you could always look up in the internet or look up in some sushi recipe books. I haven't had the taste for raw fish, like raw salmon, raw tuna before, but I have learned eating sushi during my stay in Hongkong. It is actually good. I also like raw mussels and raw oysters. The thing is they have to be really fresh and kept in freezers and fridge because it can cause poisoning. Raw seafoods have to be handled with extra care.

One could put almost any seafood, any flavor in the sushi. For my own sushi rolls I used cream cheese, thinly sliced carrots and cucumber, romaine lettuce, avocado, crab sticks and deep fried battered shrimp. Some of my favorite seafood in my sushi sashimi are barbeque eel, salmon, tuna and red snapper.

Before starting to make your own sushi, one should know the things you would need. Me, I have started mine just because I have been watching the sushi chefs. I haven't read any books and haven't researched in the internet.Now, I have to go back at the grocery store for the nth time to buy NORI. My husband is getting pissed off after I had him drive all over town to buy the ingredients I needed. We went to three Asian stores and two regular grocery stores in order to have all the necessary materials for sushi. But now, I don't have to spend so much to eat sushi. They are not cheap, but I think it is cheaper to make your own. It is even better if you are close to the coast where seafoods are cheaper and fresher.

I think I am more an adventure eater than my husband. He is slightly squimish. But I think I could almost eat anything. I have eaten bugs when I was young and they didn't taste bad. I like grilled & roasted .This sushi making is another adventure for me.It is fun at the same time I learn new stuff. Maybe On J's birthday I will make some and let my in-laws taste them and see how they like my sushi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home