Monday

Smiles and laughters

THOUGHTS OF THE DAY:

"It is easy enough to be pleasant when life flows by like a song. But the man worthwhile is one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong." Ella Wheeler Wilcox 1850-1919, Poet

That seems hard to do.But is very true. We can be so pleasant to people around us when life is going smoothly, but when things gets tough, our faces turn sour and ugly even our words. I remember a class I attended. Our teacher greeted us with some photos. A photo of a smiling face and a photo of a bulldog. I thought it was clever. Until now I can remember her words because of those photos. She said; always start your day with a smile. Don't be a bulldog. It really make a lot of sense. If one is always "nakasimangot" (pouting), it doesn't do any good.No matter how long your face is, even if your chin touches the ground(kahit nakasayad na ang nguso mo sa lupa), it won't do any good. But it seems a livelier world out there when everybody smiles. Just as they say laugh and the world will laugh at you, I mean laugh with you. Cry and you cry alone and you'll drown alone. So far I had a light heart today. I was more gentle with the rugrats and to myself today. I am glad. I even had more confidence with myself. Guess, that's the secret of smiles and laughters.

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this while surfing. It talks about Filipino signs and premonitions. It's very interesting. Good thing it has it's english translations, otherwise I will not be able to translate them. I didn't even know the Tagalog term for mole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home