Friday

" Faith is acceptance of that which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove."
-The da Vinci Code-

====0000====
After reading the Da vinci Code I was left with rushing hundred questions. I was staring at the last page trying to see maybe there's an inscripted ending to the story. It was a series of hunt from clues of anagrams, I enjoyed as the characters searched clues after clues but at the very end I was at lost. The novel ended but the puzzle just started for me, being born and raised as a Catholic. The novel, speak of, I would say some outragious claims about the Catholic Church, the contents of the bible and truths about Jesus himself and his relation to Mary Magdalene, who was described in the bible as a prostitute. It is of course a work of fiction, but it embodies, historical references that are contrary to the contents of the bible. I was totally intrigued. I was very curious as to what the controversy was that's why I wanted to read the book. Although I have watched the documentary on Discovery channel that tried to scientifically explain and seek the truth, thier findings didn't reach a definite conclusion. A lot of the origins of signs and symbols are really fascinating.


There was another show on TLC called "Da Vinci De classified" and according to the researches, these geeks found, a lot of the histrorical references in the "Da Vinci Code" aren't that accurate. And it's not so surprising, it's a work of fiction, so it doesn't have to be accurate. It's still a controversial book worldwide. I had to read it to see for myself what's the commotion all about.

There is one question though that poppped up in my head, you know Jesus being the teacher, the preacher at that time, wouldn't he have written something Himself?

===000===

After reading the Da Vinci code which I say was so intriguing I borrowed "Angels and Demons". It was a great read too. Very similar plot, but different stories. It was the coversation between the Camerlengo and Lt. Chartrand that I liked.

Camerlengo: terrible things happen in this world. Human tragedy seems life proof God could not possibly be both powerful and well-meaning. If He loves us and has the power to change our situation,He wouldn't prevent our pain, wouldn't He? Wouldn't He?

Lt. Chratrand: Was this one of those religious questions you just didn't ask?

Camerlengo: Well, if God loves us, and He can protect us, He would have to. It seems, He is either omnipotent and uncaring or benevolent and powerless to hep. Do you have children Lieutenant?

Lt. Chartrand: (Flushed) "No signore"

Camerlengo: Imagine you have an 8 year old son, would you love him?

Lt. Chartrand: "Of course."

Camerlengo
: Would you let him skateboard?

Lt. Chartrand: Yeah, I guess. Sure, I'd let him skateboard.

Camerlengo: So, as this child's father, you would give him some basic, good advice and let him go off and make his own mistakes?

Lt. Chartrand: I wouldn't run behind him and moldycoddle him if that's what you mean.

Camerlengo: But what if he fell off and skinned his knee?

Lt. Chartrand: He would learn to be more careful.

Camerlengo: So, although you have the power to interfere and prevent your child's pain, you would choose to show your love by letting him learn his own lessons?

Lt. Chartrand: Of course, pain is part of growing up. It is how we learn.

Camerlengo: "Exactlty."

I'll just leave you'll the fun of finding out for yourself what hapenned if you decide to read the book. It was somewhat tragic ending. With Langdon as the star character and Vittoria who relentlessly chased a series of clues, people died in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home